Monday, July 14, 2008

Flight prices going up?

So I've been shopping for flights to Europe since I'm going there in October for two weeks to see my BFF from Sydney. A few weeks ago I found a flight on British Airways for $600-something, two weeks later it's almost 900$. I can believe this rise over the course of a few months, but over the course of two weeks? What will the price be for an economy seat on this flight when October the 3rd rolls around? $2000? Is flying from Philadelphia to London really that expensive? Someone is totally gouging us. Two years ago, whenI made my first trip to Europe, I bought my tickets for $666 the day before I left on Virgin Atlantic. I cant imagine what the price of a ticket to europe would cost if you bought it the day before the flight. It's outrageous. Luckily, the Europeans are better at offering cheaper products (H&M, Ikea, RyanAir). I found a roundtrip flight from London-Stockholm for free (with only the taxes to pay-roughly 20 $USD each way). So in total the flight costs 40 $USD. So Awesome.

But now I'm back to researching the fare fluctuations for international flights. Unfortunately, farecast.com doenst offer predictions for international flights. Do people even fly domestically? (maybe just not myself--I have the travel bug). I found a flight on AirINdia from JFK-Heathrow for 604$ and then its only another 4$ on a MEGABUS (megabus.com) from London-Manchester, where my best friend, Jemmima, lives. So there are ways to save, unfortunately it doesn't look like they're making it easier for Americans to get to Europe.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home